Broken Leg Theatre

Established in 2008 our company performed our first production in the basement of a small cafĂ© and have since gone on to perform two home-grown plays at the Nightingale Theatre, the Hackney Empire and London’s Greenwich Theatre.

Broken Leg is currently funded by Arts Council England to research our latest production, Three Generations.

Monday 26 March 2012

I'm back! As you have probably read, I missed the last rehearsal due to illness. I was so upset that I couldn't be there last time. I lay in my darkened room listening to Rebus on Radio 4 and just couldn't stop thinking about all the fun and laughter I was missing out on.
I am better now though and yesterday was back rehearsing with everyone again. It was so nice to see everyone and to be back singing, dancing and being northern once more.
Ah yes, the singing. I only sing about three lines but I find it absolutely terrifying. What is it about singing that is so scary? I love it when I'm at home when I'm singing along to the radio, or when I'm playing karaoke with my sister, but put me in front of an audience and it feels as though I'm about to do a bungee jump. Yesterday though, I sang in front of Nancy, and she loved it. While I sang, she looked up at me smiling away. I can't be that bad then.
I am much more comfortable with the dancing. Alex and I waltz together and although we haven't done it for almost a year, as soon as the music started we remembered the whole dance as though it was only yesterday that we had last performed it. I also dance to a bit of Ska (it's all about the variety) with my 'husband' Tom, which is always fun.
All I need to do now is brush up on my lines, and remember where and who I am supposed to be when. Yesterday I walked round and round the set about three times before I finally worked out what scene I was supposed to be doing, if I keep that up I am going to get very dizzy.
Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment