Broken Leg Theatre

Established in 2008 our company performed our first production in the basement of a small cafĂ© and have since gone on to perform two home-grown plays at the Nightingale Theatre, the Hackney Empire and London’s Greenwich Theatre.

Broken Leg is currently funded by Arts Council England to research our latest production, Three Generations.

Thursday 15 March 2012

I've missed this

What an absolute pleasure to be back with the Broken Leggers. As the company technician I'm not often needed for those early rehearsals, so I don't see those lovely people as much as I would like. Our last rehearsal was a real get together. I met our new man, Tom Dussek, who has fitted into our odd little family beautifully. It was a shame poor Jade could not be there but at least I've got that reunion to look forward to. I also got to meet beautiful Nancy, another new Broken Legger, who I'm sure will help us all to find our inner child and outshine us all with vocal her warm ups.

On the technical side of thing, I'm going to enjoy all the folly recording I'm going to have to undertake and tracking down an illusive toilet flush; that in my opinion holds an entire scene together... hehe. Ok I jest (a little bit) but you'll have to come and watch to unfold that mystery. "The Mystery of the Flush".... Maybe I should leave the writing up to the pros we have!!

So moving away from toilet sounds.... Shame I know!

Lighting will be my next challenge... even when I'm browsing through endless amounts of gels, scouring for the perfect shade of pink (much more complex than it sounds, lol) , I still don't envy those who have to perfect a northern accent. They are brilliant at it and work so hard on perfecting their characters. As a welsh girl I already have an accent which I think I'll stick to, I'm rubbish at accents!!!! No I will not show you... nope... I won't do it.
Wow I think Tom's rambling has rubbed off on me.

Looking forward to the next rehearsal... fingers crossed Jade will be back fighting fit (Not that we didn't enjoy Alice's stand-in wiggle) so we can have a reunion of epic proportions.

Chat to you soon Broken Leg-ets.... (is that a word?!..... it is now).
Stacey Korsman (Technician)

No comments:

Post a Comment